Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Partitions

As I type this, waiting for my iPhone to download an Elysian Fields album (a band you should check out), I breath a sigh of relief and of regret.

I'm leaving my University to pursue grander and loftier goals, but a nostalgic leech is keeping me from enjoying the moment to its fullest extent.

I haven't really been a fan of this Uni. It's an extension of my hometown of plastic mannequins and high-end sports cars.

While packing up my things, I caught a glimpse of a book I haven't read in awhile, called "The Power of Now." A profound book (if you look past all the spiritual bullshit) that teaches you to just enjoy yourself now. The past does not exist, the future does not exist, it is always now.

Stop thinking about the past -- review, understand, and learn but drop it once it's no longer productive.

Rarely think about the future -- planning perhaps, but never day dreaming. Dreaming never accomplished anything. If you wish to meet the love of your life, go talk to people NOW. If you wish to become a millionaire, take your first risk NOW.

Law #12: Dwelling and worrying never accomplished anything -- so enjoy the now.

Do something. Do it now. Tomorrow doesn't exist. Yesterday doesn't return.

Furthermore, I find it interesting how the human mind likes to partition life. I've read some interesting takes on it and it is something worth understanding.

Personally, I have about five different major chapters of my life. The sixth one is about to begin, and I'm looking forward to writing with fresh ink.

Take the opportunity to think about your chapters. How many does your life have? How many times have you really grown dynamically, changed as a person, or just experienced something fucking insanely out of place that it left a huge impression on you?

No comments:

Post a Comment