Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fucking Smile

I recently spent the last few days with a sore mouth following wisdom teeth removal.

Because of this, I was pretty much the saddest looking sullen muthafucka this south of the equator. Physical pain is one of the things in this world that can put a hamper on even the strongest mans mood.

As such, I had been pretty somber the past few days -- until today. I smiled.

During a conversation with my mother, I had an uncontrollable smile. One of those smiles that rips through even the most emotional bastards. The terrorist hijacker of terrible emotions.

And then I felt great. I felt so great I figured I should make a post to remind everyone...

Law #34: Smile often

You can find research on this, and I could go out of my way to provide you with it, but you're an idiot if you don't think smiling has a positive effect on your emotions.

You may not realize that forcing a smile can help, so try doing that sometime.

Note: It is very difficult to eat a paleo diet after wisdom-teeth removal. Most blenders don't fare well with steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment